Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dear food

Dear Wheat, corn, dairy, oatmeal, potato, tomato, spices, sugar (and every thing nice)

I hate you.
You make me feel sick. You give me migraines. You make me tired and ache. Or you did in 2003 to 2006. It's been since Mark's pregnancy and I had to drop the diet to save my gallbladder that I welcomed you back into my life.

Now that my health is settling down, I think you it make a difference to break up. And this damn migraines, I realize the usually helpful med had side effects I can't tolerate. Very unsettling. So I'd rather not tolerate being around you.

So here I go. Starting upon waking tomorrow, I will no longer eat you. And for the next 3 days I will crave you to the point of anger. I will dream about you. And just when I'm happy and healthier, day 10 will have me wanting you again.

Even once I've rid my body of you for this deep, strict elimination portion of my diet (in 3 weeks or more), I will hate you at every party, every holiday, every gathering, every dropped off treat, every family meal, every food advertisement, every birthday.

But I've enjoyed normal foods long enough. It makes me cry to remember starving and the painful mealtimes until 6 months after my gallbladder surgery, but I can't keep eating you to make up for the lost time.

So please, it's not me, it's you. You are bad for so many reasons, yet you force yourselves into my belly. Please quit stalking me.

Love,
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you love me too?
Or do you love to hate me?