Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dear teletubbies

I love you. I want to kiss your sweet bellies.

After all these years, or two, I still remember your names.
Po is red with a circle thing
LaLa is yellow with a curly thing
Dipsy is green with a straight thing
Tinky winky is purple with a triangle thing (yes I think you are gay)

And I did this all at a doc office days after seeing one episode


With child number one, I wished evil rashes upon all those who wore the costumes.

I used your cult like toddler following to my advantage with my second child. Your theme song that was burned into my brain came in handy later. It came to mind when I soothed a wiggly child thru another kidney ultrasound. It worked.

5 years later when number 3 came along, I watched a 5 and 7 year old protest that they were too old to watch you, yet they couldn't turn away. We recorded your episodes by then and turned them into a dvd. It was a baby tranquilizer when I had doctor appt. I enjoy watching you belly tv from all over the world. It was like traveling from my couch. A reminder that I'm not the only mom like me.

By this time I memorized your names and even borrowed a LaLa (the red one) costume to dress her in for halloween. The photo is on my wall. And we watched on, eager for fresh episodes.

Slowly those episodes were recorded over when number 3 outgrew you and as number 4 came along. I missed a lot of firsts with him. Because the kids only watched recorded tv, he never saw them.

So last week something triggered the need to induct my son. I found that old dvd. I watched my 4th, and last, giggle and wave and talk to the sun. I saw him recognize the green hill as a house and ask for it to be opened.

I watched him point to bunnies. I saw him giggle and move while you danced a silly dance. You would love his silly elbow dance.
And I am happy to know I was here for this first that really was important to me. I'm more in love with you today than ever before.

Once again, I'm sorry I teased you and wished horrible things upon you!
Only Love and awe(i promise),
Rachel


Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you love me too?
Or do you love to hate me?