Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dear Acorn Squash Soup

Oh soup,
I miss you.
My heart dropped yesterday when I realized my last bowl was already half empty.
Your creamy perfection, those hints of ginger and dill were mouthwatering. Only you would still taste good with dried spices.
I love you so much, with every happy cell in my body.
I know you love me too, I can feel it. Right in my stomach.
When you said farewell yesterday, it broke my heart.
I wasn't sure I would ever see you again.
You really were the second best soup I ever had. (Let's not ruin the moment by talking about the first)

Oh soup, I am yours! I thought of you all day yesterday

Then, surprise! You were hiding in my fridge, one last surprise ending!
I can still taste you, as my last spoonful still lingers.
The bowl is still warm as I write you this letter.

Thank you for being the [second] best soup ever. You were the perfect following for the days after Thanksgiving dinner. You have captured my heart forever. It is yours, no matter what you do with it.

Please say you love me forever too!
Maybe we can meet again, perhaps the top of the Empire State Building, on the day after Thanksgiving 2010?

Love you, with all my body and heart,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you love me too?
Or do you love to hate me?